You are presented with a table of information that shows stats for various commodities.
There are two important pieces of data here: production and exports.
All of the data presented is for Brazil's agricultural products in 2009. You'll see a breakdown of Brazil's production of X commodity as a percentage of world production. You'll also see Brazil's exports of that same commodity as a percentage of the world's exports.
Let's look at beef. Brazil produces 16% of the world's beef. That means the rest of the world must be responsible for the remaining 84% of the world's beef production.
Beef production is different from beef exports. A country can produce lots of beef but then export it all to the rest of the world. It can also choose not to export anything at all.
In the case of Brazil's beef industry, Brazil produces 16% of the world's beef. The amount of beef it exports makes up 22% of the world's exports. In fact, Brazil is ranked #1 in beef exports for its share of exports in the world market.
Like this GMAT question? Share and challenge your friends!
Post your thought process and respond to others' questions below.
Download the FREE "GMAT PILL HD" app for iPad, iPhone, and Android device. Remember to rate!
GMATTM is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission CouncilTM. The Graduate Management Admission CouncilTM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this web site.